It’s not all the time I get in front of the camera. However, I know it’s good for me. I suffer from a complex just like everyone and I don’t like my photo taken either. And then I go back through the photos and I feel so much better about myself. I think ‘Is that really me?!’ Trust me there are times that someone takes my photo and I am completely disgusted with the way I look. It takes special posing, patience to get my photo. This is why I use a professional photographer. My assistant whom I trust when it comes to my photos. We do this a couple of times a year for each other to keep fresh headshots.
It is extremely important to keep fresh headshots because when you meet someone in person you want them to recognize you. Your photo is who they have trusted, and when you meet them and your photo is not even similar to what you look like it’s deceiving and you lose trust with that person.
So, here it is the tips for Tuesdays headshots: (Or to rock any photo of yourself)
- Make sure you know which side is your best side. My best side is my left side, hence the photos of the left side of my face.
- Push your chin out. Don’t make a face while pushing your head out, just gently push your whole head out and keep your chin up slightly. (This also depends on the shape of your face how much to push out or up.)
- Photos should be taken from above your eye level to get rid of any possible double chin. It doesn’t matter how big you are, most people have double chins. Especially, when they laugh.
- Stand on one leg, this will drop one of your shoulders giving you a slight curve.
- Stand up straight. This one is important and so many people forget to do this. However, stand up straight with shoulders pushing up.
- Do something with your hands, place them gently on your face, hold them together, have your thumb hold your belt loop, hands in pockets, arms crossed. Make sure that your hands are doing something. Even if you can’t see them it will align your body a certain way.
I hope these tips help you to rock your next headshot, selfie, or photo shoot!!!
Contact me anytime to make an appointment!